Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Friday, January 16, 2004

You could call this the beginning. But I've been on this journey for well over 2 years now. In fact, I've recently discovered that this journey may have been a little longer; I just didn't know it. Some times you wander around thinking you are someone or are part of something. Then you realize that it was not as you had thought all along. Regardless if you were tricked or it was just your own self doing the deceiving, the bottom line is that you have walked that path. You can't go back in time and you have to deal with it.

I've tried journalling before but I guess I was trying to write as if to publish. Again, walking that path with a veil of misconception. This attempt will be different. Because I will focus my writing on my thoughts as I read the Bible. Perhaps what I am going through will be best reflected in how I respond to reading God's Word. It is interesting how such an old piece of literature, albeit something that may have gone through many permutations through translation, can be read from so many different angles. I'm rambling, and that's one thing I will avoid with this attempt. Right to the point, how I feel, no fluff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home