Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Sunday, February 04, 2007

RECOVERY

Should not have stayed up to 4 a.m. to watch the Australian Open finals. Only got to catch the first set of a very predictable match anyways. The cost: one full week of being sick, having my entire sleep schedule thrown off and having to skip a whole week of working out. Grrrr.

To "celebrate" the departing last remnants of my cold, I found myself across the street at Shillelagh's, an authentic Irish pub, to catch yet another sporting event final. I believe so that my celebration was well paced, a pint per quarter, evening out the layer of absorbant material in my stomach that consisted of wings and Quesadilla. I had a friendly bet with C. on who would win. Her main selection criteria was uniform colour. So she picked the Colts. I knew that Peyton's crew looked better on paper, but I had to disprove her theory. And now she is one lunch up on me and another $50 richer off her misguided Bears friends.

I've recently discovered a "new" radio station in Calgary and have been listening to it all the time. It's a flavour of contemporary jazz/rock/electronica that I haven't heard in awhile. Some would probably argue that this type of music belongs in an elevator but I like listening to it because it's a more challenging type of music to play live. It's got a nice chillin' groove to it and I was first introduced to it while working in my former sales life. It's called West Coast Jazz and I first got hooked on it while in LA back in 2000. The station here that plays it is appropriately name California 103.

Work's been busy as we just wrapped up the interviewing and selection of a new accountant. I still can't get over the fact that someone put "Microsoft Spreadsheeting" as one of their skills! Less than 10 more sleeps and I'll be in T dot. I'm looking forward to that. To make it go by even faster, I'll be shredding my axe at Westside this weekend, gonna meet up with Z who's here on training from the Toronto office and D, who'll be here this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home