Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Saturday, April 08, 2006

YOU'RE LISTENING TO...

Despite having driven/bussed/run past it numerous times, it just donned on me that Calgary has a new radio station. Actually, an existing "oldies" station has been replaced this week by an "all news radio" station. It finally clicks that the discreet, green bench ad, bearing a familiar font and format, reminds me of something that was part of my Toronto past. Rogers Media has implanted into Calgary our own version of "680 News". Except, it's "660 News" here. When I get home, I dial it in and hear even more familiarity: traffic report on the one's, sports at 15 and 45, and the distinct single tone announcing the top of the hour! Even the stock music clips are the same. I swear that there are one or two radio personalities that I recognize from my Toronto listenings. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home