Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

*@%#$*!!!!

Video version of this blog

There probably isn't a more common time for Calgarians to be cursing than when they open up their mailbox and find a letter from the Calgary Police Services. That's right, I got my very first speeding ticket in Calgary. I was doing 63 km/h in a 50 km/h zone. I don't know what it is about 50 km/h zones and me, but this is the only place that I ever get caught speeding. Sometimes I wish I was caught doing 250 km/h in a 120 km/h; at least that would sound more macho! But, alas, my car does not go that fast... And I was trying to remember what I was doing the day that this supposedly happened because I was in the middle of a 4 shift rotation. With the nice weather, I've been mainly riding by bike to work, so it's uncommon for me to drive. Then it dawned on me: we were relocated for one of my recent shifts to a remote location because they were doing power upgrades to the main building. Just my luck; the one, rare time I drive to work, I get caught speeding!

In about 4 hours, I will be hopping on a plane for Toronto. I'm quite excited about this trip because I will get to see family and friends whom I haven't seen in a while. One of the highlights of this trip is going to the finals of the Roger's Cup tennis tournament. I'm one that's hoping for a Federer vs. Nadal final!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home