Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Friday, June 16, 2006

EYE HEART TENNIS!

1 week.

That was the last time I took off my contact lenses. What!?!? Am I wishing for blindness? When I was younger, I had a problem with contacts: I wore them for longer than I should have. The eye, craving for more oxygen would deploy blood vessels to the surface. When enough oxygen was received, the vessels would retract. However, in doing so, my vessels became entangled. That really scared me and I was much more careful about my eyes from that point on. So, when visiting with an optometrist recently, he tells me about how contact lens technology has vastly improved in the past few years. To the point where people can now wear contacts that are so permeable that you can sleep in them. In fact, you can leave them in your eyes for an entire month before replacing them. So, every time I've woken up in this past week, I've had to take a second as I get over the shock of not having blurry vision as I reach for my glasses! Actually, my glasses have sat in their case for all this time. Sure, my eyes are a bit dry when I wake up, but nothing a drop of Refresh Tears in both eyes can't fix! And no, the lens has never escaped to the back of the eyeball!

So close!

Ever since moving to Calgary, my Babolat racquet and my Prince shoes have sat in my tennis bag. Not meaning to neglect them, I've been trying to get out in this warmer weather to play. Alas, this is not an activity that you can do very long by yourself. Most people I ask here are not into tennis. Until one day when I had a conversation with one of my colleagues. He seemed really excited about playing, so we were just about to set up a time to play. That is until I find out after that weekend, he broke the tibia and fibula in his right leg after almost successfully executing a trick on his motorcross bike. Almost. So, he's off work for a couple of weeks and won't be playing tennis anytime soon. :(

Just booked my tickets with Westjet. So, I will be visiting Toronto from August 9 to August 22. Maybe I can fit in some tennis then!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you don't end up having a strange night where your contacts fall out and you end up eating them in your sleep. that would be eye-opening. heehee

6/17/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home