Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Friday, November 03, 2006

COMING TO A BLOG NEAR YOU!

The lack of posting is indicative of how busy I've been, however, that does not mean I have not been "writing". In fact, I'm writing for nearly an hour a day, leaving comments or emails on blogs that I have found about Kiva.org or microfinance. I cannot describe the amazing blessing it is to discover that there are so many people out there who really care. At first, I was shy about leaving comments, but, more often than not, the authors always write back.

I'm usually very conscious about making sure my spelling and grammar is good, since I'm representing an organization. Well, that all went out the window this week. On Oct 31, PBS aired a documentary about Kiva.org The response that it generated instantly crashed their servers! They are still down, but have found another server to host their portal and should be up soon. I've been scrambling, trying to visit as many blogs as I can to tell them to keep trying! I've gotten so many responses from people who are not only understanding of this situation (when does this happen in the commerce world?) but are offering themselves to help out however they can!

I probably shouldn't post it, given our current internet traffic situation, but it's a very well done documentary. Grace and her peanut butter! Gotta love it....

Frontline documentary on Kiva

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Tim ! =)

11/06/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home