Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

SOME AMAZING LADIES THAT I'VE MET RECENTLY

Veira, a 70 year old who has lived her entire life in Hamilton, New Zealand. The Habitat office that covers this region has erected 40 houses (including the one that we finished). She has been involved in all of them! What a humble heart she has; you often find her being the first one on site, sweeping water from inside the house or picking up rubbish. Here, she's receiving a thank you gift from the team!










Tina is a relative of mine living in Auckland. I wasn't even aware of her existence until just recently; she's my mom's cousin. Yet, she took time out of her hectic schedule to show me around some of the 'cool' local hangouts: Mission Bay, Auckland Harbour beach, Mount Eden, America's Cup Cafe.











What a cutie! Ella (from Calgary - I was just there for work related matters) is discovering the wonderful world of grown up food, like grilled red peppers! Still, it's hard when you only have 2 bottom teeth and 1 top tooth. Wave to her, and you'll get a hearty 2 handed wave back; start clapping and she'll start passionately clapping back! You should see her get jiggy to "Rubber Duckie, You're The One". Thanks for the awesome Alberta beef steak dinner!













My favorite blond from Belgium! Kiwis are so lucky because you can find her on tap EVERYWHERE! Actually, some of the best conversations I had with my team mates were over these kinds of "refreshments". Plus, Leffe is really expensive here, so it was an even special-er treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home