Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

RESTLESS CHILD

I was sitting in my office, working away with Archos going. The song I was listening to, I've heard many times before. I never really pay much attention to it because it wasn't recorded very well (clipping? you gotta be kidding me!) and I'm not too fond of the arrangement. Anways, I wrote this song back in the summer of 1993 and it dawned on me how accurately it reflects what happening right now, including the reference to the month. Kind of prophetic. Or perhaps it means that I'm going through the same thing, just a decade later...
[Restless Child playing on Archos] (click to listen)
i can feel the tears again, should i give in to their cries,
at times i just pretend that everything's gonna be alright
but the pieces of my heart fall apart one more time
loneliness just won't depart, no matter how hard i try

and it starts to rain again, on this cold november day
yet the warmth of sheltered hope won't even sooth the pain
what am i supposed to do, for strength to carry through
i've searched through my life but i've lost the truth

have patience with me now
for i am just a restless child
there's so much that i lack
help me up this narrow path
so i can fly away free

i'm so sick of playing games just to satisfy my heart
my dreams of this world are slowly tearing me apart
gotta learn to love the way i was wonderfully made
gotta let my old self go and follow christ's perfect way

and time goes slowly by as i learn with each new try
every time i fall you're right here by my side
in your strength alone, i'll find my way home
this lost child finally finds he's not alone




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home