Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

WINE, SETTLERS, HOUSE AND A FEW PICS...


Despite the fact that Alberta has privatized its liquor market, and despite the fact that there is a liquor store on every block, it is so difficult to find good wine. I'm told that I need to look harder for the "good" places. I had dinner with my sister and brother-in-law and now I am armed with a "hit list" of good brands to go after. After a delicious rib meal, we enjoyed a bottle of French Perin. We then retired to their living room where we engaged in a ferocious game of Settlers. I have got to play this game more because I can see how this would sharpen my trading skills at work! We also watched an episode of House, a series that they are both getting into. It's kind of like a mix between CSI and ER.

Since I have access to a digital camera this week, I can do some picture blogging!











I took my grandmothers out to lunch at, of all places, McDonald's (it was at their request!) After getting my order, the person (not Asian) at the front counter gave me a lucky pocket! ARE YOU SERIOUS?












Found this at my parents' house. No spelling mistakes; just a very interesting, yet, somehow unappetizing way of branding a food product!














My Buddhist grandmonther gave me this. It's the equivalent of a cartoon Christian track that you would find in any church. Except this is a 60+ page, full glossy, heavy stock manual!





"Hey, do you have wood? I've got a whole bunch of bricks I need to dump!!" Oh, we're playing Settlers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home