Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Thursday, February 16, 2006

USELESS DISTRACTIONS ON HARDWOOD FLOORS

From time to time, I receive "fake" comments to a posting which turns out to be annoying spam. Easy enough to fix; just click on the little garbage can icon and it's gone forever! Recently, I stumbled on a blog that I found to be quite humorous. It's called Useless Advice From Useless Men. Readers submit questions on any topics and the contributors respond. Often, the replies are very tongue-in-cheek AND ARE SO FUNNY! So, it appears that the most recent comment was left by one of these Useless Men. Yet, it wasn't your typical spam because it actually made references to certain things in the post and things found within the website! I feel like I've been paid a visit by a celebrity! I had recently linked to their site by quietly tucking them away on the side bar, but now I feel like I should pay tribute to them by devoting some more blogging space.

My colleagues like finding things to help make a night shift go faster: KEEP UPS WITH A TENNIS BALL

I'm finding that I'm spending more time at the local recreation centre. I'm used to capping off my swim/run workouts with some circuit weight training. Now, I will also scoot down to the gym and pull out the Infusion b-ball that S gave me for my 30th and shoot some hoops. The hard wood floored gym is always open and I find it very relaxing to be working on free throws or threes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home