Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

NEWS FROM MASOYI

His name is Colin. I cannot claim that I knew him. We passed each other often, him with a bucket of water being delivered to another room that he was about to stucco; me with another wheelbarrow of dirt. We barely exchanged words, just the occasional, dismally delivered "Kwan Jani" greeting first thing in the morning. He always had a silly grin on and I'd like to believe that this was a reflection of the happiness he felt inside.

"Unfortunately I'm writing to you guys today to inform you of some bad news. Today I learned that Colin was stabbed and killed on Friday night. I feel like I should say more than this, but I don't know what else to say. I think that it's safe to say that we all knew that he was a gentle soul, and it goes without saying that he will be missed."

May my current reality not allow me to forget a the one I recently connected with.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home