Riding above the level of mediocrity

A "duffshot" is an improperly planted sapling, planted too shallow in scree and not deep enough to reach the life giving top soil. It is usually a sign of laziness and means having to replant an entire plot. It is a reminder to me of doing things with integrity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Canada
Kiva - loans that change lives

Sunday, March 27, 2005

THE FEAR OF MEETING JESUS

I just finished reading Greg Paul’s book, “God In The Alley”. While carrying on his work on the streets of TO, many times he feels ministered to because he ends up seeing Jesus in the people that he had set out to minister to in the first place. After all, it was Jesus who said:
'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Kind of like this story: Dear Ruth


Actually, it's kind of scary if I think about it. The street person that I quickly dismiss or choose not to dialogue with could be the King, and yet because of selfish reasons, I ignore Him. It definitely puts a new perspective on how to treat people...

I attended the Attic this past Sunday. It was AMAZING! I don't know if it was because there were more people there because of Easter, but the place was just electrified. Never have I been in a setting where you can hear the congregation singing louder than the worship team ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT. This is especially cool because I know that they set the mix to be at rock concert levels. So, even though the music and voices on stage were blaring through the house system, I could still very audibly hear everyone around me singing. I closed my eyes and imagined that I was in Heaven, surrounded by angels who were praising at the top of their lungs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home